A Veterinary Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR) must exist prior to dispensing any prescriptions and must be authorized by one of our veterinarians. Our policy prior to dispensing prescription medication is that we require an examination if:
- A VCPR does not exist.
- It has been over 6 months since we have examined the patient and they are on chronic medications.
- It is a new presenting concern (even if we have seen the patient recently)
- It is a condition that our veterinarians feel is in the animal’s best interest to be seen.
- It has been over a year since the prescription has been filled.
- The patient has never been dispensed the prescription previously.